TeraCopy makes it easy to copy files faster and in a better way.
Windows Vista’s file copy mechanism is just basic that it’s absolutely slow when you copy large files and it’s not flexible enough to reliably copy files. It works but is certainly not efficient.
TeraCopy is a little program that improves the file copy process and makes it more reliable.
- TeraCopy copies files faster by utilizing adjusted buffers to reduce file seek time.
- TeraCopy utilizes asynchronous file copy mechanism to speedup copying multiple files.
- TeraCopy allows you to pause the file copy progress and allows you to resume to process anytime.
- When more files are involved in a copy process and when some of those files fail to copy it skips those files and continues the copy process.
- TeraCopy lists the files that failed to copy and let’s you fix any errors and allows you to recopy.
- TeraCopy integrates well with Windows and allows you replace the Windows Copy process with TeraCopy process giving you a seamless experience.
Once installed, TeraCopy gives you a nice context menu if you prefer to still keep the standard Windows copy process.
You can change that behavior to integrate TeraCopy into Windows shell by clicking on the Menu button on the TeraCopy window and clicking on the “Options…” menu choice. Then on the Preferences dialog check the “Use TeraCopy as default copy handler” option.
Once you use TeraCopy to copy files, it pops open TeraCopy window where you can choose to either copy or move files. As its known, “Copy To” keeps the original and makes a copy on the location you specify. “Move To” on the other hand allows you to move the source file to a different location.
You can adjust the buffer size that TeraCopy uses by adjusting the “Buffer Size” slider. The initial size is 1.0 MB but if you have a powerful computer then you can obviously increase the buffer size to improve the copy performance.
TeraCopy is a great alternative to the default Windows copy process as it brings-in a lot more flexibility to copy process. I hope you find TeraCopy useful. If you have any questions/comments regarding this please let us know in comments.