Joe Hewitt confirms that the new Facebook 3.0 iPhone App is in App Store now.
Joe Hewitt, the Facebook Developer, confirmed via Twitter that the new Facebook 3.0 iPhone App is now submitted to the Apple App Store for approval. He also confirmed that they’ll be posting more Facebook 3.0 screenshots on this Facebook page this week. So keep an eye on that page for more information and screenshots about Facebook 3.0 iPhone App until Apple approves the app which could take couple of weeks.
Here is a quick run-down of features that ships with Facebook 3.0,
1. The “new” News Feed
3. Events (including the ability to RSVP)
6. Create new photo albums
7. Upload photos to any album
8. Zoom into photos
9. Easier photo tagging
10. Profile Pictures albums
11. A new home screen for easy access to all your stuff, search, and notifications
12. Add your favorite profiles and pages to the home screen
13. Better Notifications (they link to the comments so you can reply)
14. Quickly call or text people right from the Friends page
15. Messages you are typing will be restored if you quit or are interrupted by a phone call
One of the most demanding feature that’s not shipping with Facebook 3.0 is the Push Notifications. But there is a workaround to get Facebook Push Notifications on your iPhone.